It’s been a while since the last patch, so here is a bigger one:
- You will now start with a free Mastery point on all difficulties.
- New Feature: Perk and Mastery auto-pick If your Rank is below 10, all Perks and Masteries will be automatically selected for you. If you are playing solo, you will get a special popup with more information on the topic.
- The final boss will now become vulnerable earlier if you manage to raze his whole base. Currently this only works on all difficulties
- Several larger AI improvements have been implemented. Here are a few examples:
- Odins will now use their barrage ability to devastate groups of enemies.
- CP base will occasionally issue scans near burrowed or cloaked enemies.
- Units trained from CP production facilities will now assemble in squads and secure their surrounding area before storming the front.
- New cosmetic units and events have been added all over the map.
- Lots more easter eggs have been placed all around the map and can occur through various events of different kinds.
- Several smaller terrain adjustments.
- CP Starports will no longer produce suicidal useless air units. Instead powerful Vikings will join your ground troops.
- Ravens will occasionally help you in finding the hidden protoss artifacts around the map.
- The main CP Orbital Command no longer gains shields from the corresponding Protoss Artifact, but now has increased base life.
- World Event (Infested): you can now move faster while infested and a secondary clean spot has been added. However, adds spawned from the eggs around you will now hatch into more powerful enemies.
- Colossi and Reaper will now follow all other ground troops instead of suiciding up cliffs.
- Name plates have had their alignment fixed.
- Revamped lots of visual queues with custom fonts.
- Player heroes are now dropped from their own personal dropships during mission start.
- You can now see all your rank unlocks and difficulty setting info during the intro cinematic.
- Elite Battlecruisers from the Air Support Perk now have custom names.
- The old default difficulty voting mode is no longer available for selection.
- Nukes no longer increase in cost over time.
Special Thanks to Folk for implementing many of these changes and all his hard work improving the code base \:D/
Up next: more cosmetic events, more rank unlocks, new enemy models, more talents, and new heroes!